Male or female
Completed 2nd year of college
5 years min. experience
Oil & Gas
Hebou Constructions is a long-term player (over 45 years) in the civil construction industry within Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. In addition to undertaking civil infrastructure works our company also operates and supplies asphalt pavement (internal and external civil contract works). Whilst asphalt demand has been restrictive in the past, the company is expecting a substantial increase in demand over 2016 and 2017 and is therefore seeking a fully qualified and accredited Production Manager to facilitate with the company's increased demand and also ensure the company remains the industry leader within this field.
The company recently purchased an AlMix Model 60UF/100, 80-120tph Counter Flow UF Series Drum Mix Asphalt Plant (commissioned in May 2015) in light of the increased production demands and also to ensure improved QA and production capacity moving forward.
The Production Manager must have the following capabilities and capacities:
- experienced in the hands on operation of an AlMix 60UF/100, 80-120tph Counter Flow UF Series Drum Mix Asphalt Plant
- ability to understand the production and technical components of the plant and resolve these directly or in conjunction with AlMix Asia technicians (via on-line programming and re-setting)
- knowledgeable and understanding of meeting QA production and reporting requirements and ensuring testing criteria on production and materials are completed as per the industry specifications and requirements
- understanding of manufacturing asphalt to the respective industry standards (Australian Standards - MRTS 30) or the equivalent British and American standards governing production
- understanding of QA reporting requirements of complying with the above standards (testing regime - certification of material, production, matt testing, core sampling etc.)
- ability to work independently and sure the timely production and supply of asphalt pavement material (DG10, DG14, DG20 and cold mix/pre-mix) to as to meet daily production requirements
- qualified plant technician with understanding of operational components of plant and ability to oversee and ensure compliance with repairs, maintenance and timely servicing (preventive maintenance by comply with manufacturers recommended servicing)
- self motivated and capable of leading a small team of operators, labourers, technicians and employees within the division
- very good understanding and communication skills (English) so as to be able to motivate and lead production division
- ability to reconcile stock, manage material forecasting and ordering (quarry materials, C320 bitumen, diesel, gas etc.) so there are no production delays
- ability to work in multicultural environment
Whilst production volumes will increase (comparable to previous years) this will still only see total production of approx. 25,000 - 30,000 tons per annum - there will down-time with the plant and it is important that these periods are utilised for R&M.
The position is single status, accommodation supplied (utilities - water, gas, electricity paid by company), vehicle/transport provided, working hours as required with possibility of night shift work (production alignment may be amended to this to improve workability - cooler evenings), approx. 5 days work per week (additional as required), annual leave of 4 weeks per annum (possibly spilt in to 2 periods dependant on demand - economy return airfares provided by company for leave trips), medical insurance provided, salary to be verified with skills set of candidates. Proposed commencement would be prior to year end, ideally secure correct candidate within next 6-8 weeks and progress with site inspection and work-permit application.
Contact Person: Zaldy Rorasio
Contact Number: 5440629
Agency Name: Technilink (Philippines) Corp.
Principal/Project: Hebou Constructions PNG Limited
Location: Papua New Guinea, Papua New Guinea
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contract term (in months): 12